Just finishing up some stuff around the house. Finishing backing. Put all the rain gear and heated clothing in one bag on the bike.
Clothes will go in the other two bags.. Put spare electronic cables and charges in one bag. Thats one issue, it seems everything needs a different charger. About the only thing that is common is the AC adapter that plugs into the wall. Which brings up the other question of outlets in the motel room.
Sometimes I think I carry too many "things". But...
Final check of the bike. I found out a couple of weeks ago that the Silver Lady as a Tire Pressure sensing system. I found out because one cool morning, the light came on. It went off after the tires warmed up so, the pressure was in range. On a long trip on varied roads its a good idea to keep track of tire pressure. Now the Silver Lady does it for me... Trust but verify. So I have the tire pressure gauge to do just that.
Final check of oil level,, Look for leaks from oil change (none). Clean the windscreen, seats, plastic.. The relax and wait for tomorrow :)
No pictures today.. I'd like to run the video camera as we go through downtown Atlanta tomorrow, just for fun. I have forgone using the bypass, I-285 and generally just go straight through. It is interesting. Everyone exceeds the 55 MPH speed limit. Maybe.
Update:
Doing final packing now. It never all fits. But there is always UPS and there are stores if you need stuff you don't have or forgot.
I have looked ahead to see if I can plan better lunch stops. I have been using Trip Advisor for verification of motel quality and finding restaurants. I only went as far as day four. It looks as if the trip from Shawnee OK to Santa Rosa, NM will pose the biggest problem for finding lunch. It is also interesting to see the number of BBQ restaurants along the way. I will try and post pics of the lunch stops since some of them should be unique, well not chains.
No comments:
Post a Comment