Day Two was from Tupelo MS to Shawnee OK about 550 miles. We left Tupelo at about 8 stopped at Graceland in Memphis, TN and then went on Shawnee. We arrived about 7 PM. So a long day on the road
When we got to Memphis we ran into some rain so we put the rain gear on a did not take it off until we got to Little Rock, AK. The rain was not HEAVY but it was a steady rain. And with I-40 full of tractor trailers it does get a little dicey at time.
Lunch was in North Little Rock at a place called Mike's BBQ. Mike's basically a temporary building on the side of the road with some picnic tables out front. The BBQ was not bad and since we meet some EMS personnel lunching there was well, we figured it was an OK place.
I do have pictures but its late now, about 1015 so although I promised some pictures today. I will have to wait until tomorrow to upload them..
Even with the rain it was not too bad a day
Tomorrow, its I-40 until we get to Santa Rosa, NM and Historic Route 66. Actually being in Route 66 is/was an accident the first time we wen to so I left it in. So I do hope I get the pictures up loaded tomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment